Tag Archives: frisbee
ok, so as many of you may or may not know I am an avid disc golfer. Avid to the point of pissing off my wife and playing while injured. For instance, after being “fixed” for my Christmas gift this year, which is another story alltogether, i decided to go ahead and play a round of disc golf 6 days after surgery. Very, very bad idea. One word for you: grapefruit. ‘Nuff said. ANYWAY, I’ve been thinking about how much better disc golf is than stick or ball golf as we like to call it and I’m going to list Ten of the Numerous Reasons Disc GOlf Kicks Ball Golf’s Ass:
- You never have to wash your balls.
- No greens fees since most disc golf courses are in public parks, which means more money for beer
- The most expensive thing in my golf bag is usually the six pack of beer.
- No funny pants or collared shirts. Or shirts at all for that matter. Funny socks are allowed though
- At no point in time will you have to worry about your shaft being properly polished
- Tiger Woods does not play disc golf
- Golf discs make better “trails” than golf balls, or so I’ve heard
- I can beat everyone I work with at disc golf.
- Disc golf is measure in feet not yards so less walking for Old Fatties like myself
- Anyone can play disc golf. My kids, my wife, heck even Matt Garron can play and he is so awkward Manute Bol is his ballet instructor
I will admit jealousy of two aspects of real golf: Golf carts are funner than hell, especially after a couple of beers brought out to you by young ladies in special BEER CARTS, which are of course the other good thing ball golf has. But other than those two minor items, disc golf wins on every level over its ball obsessed cousin
here’s some pics of the boys playing the world’s best sport, disc golf